Friday, September 6, 2013

blog 11

      Hello everyone. It's time to start blogging again for English class. We have to post ten blogs and write four essays. The essays have to be 500 words which that's a plus because last semester the essays had to be 1500. Since this English class is intro to literature our essays have to be a character analysis. Which means the short stories we read you should be able to relate to one character and write about how you relate to the character. I've read four short stories so far and the only story I can somewhat relate to is called The Yellow Wallpaper. Basically their was a women and a husband who spent time in a summer home. The women believed that the house was haunted by a women that was trapped in the wallpaper in the nursery. Which in reality she was going through a lot of problems her self  and used the wallpaper as an excuse not realizing she could of being the one in the wallpaper because when living in this summer home she really couldn't go out and do anything. She felt trapped in her own life. At the end of the story she locks herself in the nursery trying to help another women escape from the wallpaper. You never find out what happens next. I don't know if she killed herself or helped herself. I understand where she is coming from to a point because sometimes I feel trapped and all I want to do is escape for awhile. Not all the time. Everyone gets overwhelmed from time to time. It's all depends how you handle the situation. Does anyone feel like that sometimes? 

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you are talking about. Sometimes life gets to be to much and I want to escape reality. I think we all do at some point in our lives.

    ReplyDelete