Friday, January 25, 2013

1st blog

This is my first time ever blogging. My English Professor wants us to blog once a week about what we discuss in class or what we read about. So here we go. In class we have discuss two stories that we had to read for homework. The two stories we read were called: The Question of Originally by Jane Hirshfield and Writing and the Threshold Life by Jane Hirshfield. The two stories were about how to start writing, be creative and taking the next step on how to be a good writer. In class we also have to write three essay. Our English Professor gave us nine topics to write about and the class has to come in a agreement because we all have to write about the same topic. Let me tell ya it has not been easy. Every time the class gets close to coming into a agreement someone has to say no. Our topics are Education, Gender, Pop Culture, Race/Ethnicity, Religion, Environment, Family, Sexuality and Crime and Punishment. We finally picked one topic out of three. It took almost thirty minutes. The class is only fifty minutes long. The first topic is Crime and Punishment. If anybody has any ideas what to write about Crime and Punishment please comment on this blog and let me know. I was thinking on writing about Casey Anthony and how I think she was guilty. Do you think she was innocent?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about picking topics it is very hard. It took my class the whole fifty minutes to get one topic, which is sexuality. For crime and punishment I think the Casey Anthony case would be a good topic. You can write about the inconsistency with witnesses, evidence, and etc. How the justice system fail her daughter. I don't know how anyone can think she is innocent. Her behavior alone when her daughter went missing is evidence enough she had something to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree the Casey Anthony would be a very good topic. Go for it Brandi. Can't wait to read what you come up with. Check out my blog Random Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete